- Acid and alkyl chemical resistance from 2 ~ 13 pH.
- Better water spots and minerals resistance.
- Highly smooth feeling.
- Deep gloss.
- Very easy application in any temperature.
- Sliding angle: 10 ̊.
- Water contact angle: 110 ̊.
- Heat tolerance: 200 ̊C.
- Application temp. range: 10 ̊C ~38 ̊C.
- Surface finish: High slickness.
- Gloss: Mirror Shine.
- Chemical resistance: 2 ~ 13 pH.
- Mineral resistance: High (easy to remove).
- Salt resistance: Medium.
- If contamination exists, CarPro Iron X and clay your vehicle before polishing.
- To gain the most from Cquartz your vehicle should have all surfaces 100% clean and paint polished to a high level.
- Use 3500 Menzerna to achieve an incredible high gloss finish in less time with no fillers.
- Use CarPro Eraser to remove any oils leftover after polishing – This is critical to ensure durability of CQuartz.
- We recommend coating removal towels: CarPro 2 Face Lite (No Lint), STW Goods HQ Laser Cut or CarPro 2 Face Towel.
- We recommend extra suede applicators if applying more than 1 coat – CarPro Suede MicroFiber Applicator 4″x4″ 10 PACK.
Directions: Use only in good ambient lighting
- Wrap a 4″ microfiber suede around the grey side of applicator block.
- Shake CQuartz.
- Slowly open bottle and drag one line of product down the applicator.
- Spread across paint in a criss cross pattern approximately 2 sq ft at a time depending on conditions.
- Buff off about 5 minutes later when you see a white haze begin to form. (3~15 minutes depends on conditions) – see additional tips below) using a CarPro 2 Face Lite (No Lint)
- Be sure to remove all excess residue when wiping off.
- Switch out the 4″ Suedes every 2+/- panels.
- Additional coats may be applied with 45-60 minutes or wait until the following day if you are beyond 90 minutes. CarPro recommends 2 coats. You may apply additional coats if you wish.
- Keep surface dry for at least 3 hours after application (For best results keep dry for 24 hours).
- Gently wipe any water off the surface during the first 24 hours after application.
- Avoid detergents and chemicals for 5 days after application.
- Wash with CarPro Reset regularly.
- Wash Mitt:
- Drying Towel: CarPro vai Shiny Garage.
- Quick Detailing : CarPro ECH2o Concentrate and STW Goods HW Laser Cut towels (need about 3-6 towels).
- Occasionally (every 3 to 6 months) decontaminate surface with CarPro Iron X. Use during wash cycle (after Reset) and as directed.
- If using CarPro Reload as topper: use every 3-12 months, for special occasions or any time you like.
- Finding the right time to “level” (wipe off) excess coating after it flashes:
- Start with a single 2ft x 2ft test section to determine flash time before applying coating to entire vehicle. Flash time will vary depending on temperature, humidity, air movement, paint type, how thick it is applied, and more.
- If coating is applied thick then the coating will take longer to flash. If applied thin it will flash faster. Hot temps will cause it to flash faster, cold temps will cause it to flash slower. Air movement will cause it to flash faster.
- When it flashes you will see it change from a darker wetter look to a drier lighter look.
- All streaks should wipe off easily and the paint should be nice and clear.
- Lighting – Lighting is key to make sure you wipe off completely without leaving high spots. You don’t want “direct light” like you would use on paint correction, but rather ambient light. Look at the paint from different angles to make sure none of the coating is missed. Spot light will “wash out” the high spots visually. Think of it like this: when you wipe off a sealant you have hours to go and check it again outside or in other lighting. In this case you need to pay attention as you go rather than wait an hour. Thorough removal of residue and streaks is necessary to avoid the need to polish off high spots later.
- Wait between 2 ~ 15 minutes depending on temperature, humidity, and air movement, and find the right window to wipe when you’re doing your test panel. Generally in medium temperatures 7 ~ 10 minutes is the right window.
- High spots – A high spot is excess coating that was not leveled (wiped off). Most of the time it will look like a darker or rainbow colored mark. If you discover them within minutes then a bit more product will easily lift them. If found days later then you would use a dot of finishing polish such as CarPro Essence or Menzerna 3500.
- and rub the high spot off, wipe it down with CarPro Eraser or your IPA of choice, and then re-coat that area and onto the area around it by about 6″. Then start wiping off the perimeter immediately and slowly work inwards to feather it until you reach the area you are trying to re-coat at the appropriate time. This is the method used to avoid polishing the entire panel and re-coating.
- Do not apply in direct sun or on hot surface.
- Do not re-use 4″ suede applicators.
- Do not re-use the towels you used to buff off with on paint.
- Wear hand protection.
- Wear respiratory protection such as a painters mask.